SS1 Radical Honesty Analysis


I thought the essay titled, The Best Policy was very interesting.  I really liked the voice behind the entire essay and the way that it was written.  It flowed well and followed all of the criteria.  The introduction was extensive, but the point finally comes across stating the topic, the experiment, and the reason behind it was due to the personal story that she started with.  She used that story to explain to her readers what led her to have the question why lie?  She states her conclusion early on that “there are probably more logical reasons to lie than tell the truth.”  Overall, the introduction was solid and if I could offer any positive criticism I would say she needs to organize it a bit more.

One great thing about this essay is the use of outside resources and the personal experiences and observations that were logged for the reader to understand exactly what she was going through during her experiment.  I think that her sources tied in well to her essay meaning she used them wisely to support whatever point or claim she was making.  The sources were not included randomly, but more strategically to help emphasize her points, which is one thing that makes her paper a success.

I also enjoyed reading her observations and personal experiences and it is very relatable to college students or even teenagers.  I think the concept of radical honesty is very interesting and not as crazy as other people might think… this world could use more honesty.  She also used a lot of detail, which made her essay great.  I like the use of conversation throughout her essay and it flows easily.  Her conclusion was interesting, it leaves you with a thought that you either agree or disagree with.  The conclusion she comes to is that “honesty between both parties allows for true communication and problem solving, and that all my relationships can handle more veracity than I initially expected… But, frankly, some questions are better left unanswered, and some things are better left unsaid.”  This was an interesting way to close out the paper.  I would maybe go into a little bit more detail and explain more about what it has taught her and why did the experiment teach her that?  I would give this paper an A because I believe that it met all the criteria and it was well written.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider Your Sources

Loneliness of the Interconnected

Inside the Macedonian Fake-News Complex